Friday 15 November 2013

Dining area

I haven't told you yet, but my boyfriend and bought an apartment in Stockholm, which we are moving into in June next year. I'm really looking forward to it, but I feel a bit sad leaving the beautiful southern part of Sweden. Anyway, I've started looking at some new furniture, and of course I dream of beautiful design furniture. But I think it's possible to get the same feeling with less expensive furniture as well. These are my inspiration photos for our dining area, and although I wish I could afford Wegner's wishbone chair, I think these chairs from Ilva have a similar feel, without feeling like a copy. The chairs to the right reminds a bit of the popular Eames chairs, which I also long for, but with a more humane price. However, I’m not sure if I find these a bit too close to the original design, for me to feel excited. What do you think?

Image: Norm Architecture

Image: Resolution: 4 architecture via 79 ideas

Image: Aleso

Image: Collage by A faded palette, Product images from Ilva

2 comments:

  1. Love the chairs. Pity I cannot find them anymore on Ilva ...
    Love your photos, they are beautiful. Good luck for finding what you care for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    You can find the chairs here:
    http://shop.ilva.se/produkt/58102007/alfa?maingroupurl=stolar&webgroupid=

    And here:
    http://shop.ilva.se/produkt/58101913/chat?maingroupurl=stolar&webgroupid=

    ReplyDelete